Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sorry about yesterday

I had every intention of getting on, but woke up with pink eye.  Oozy and all.  So here's a quick post about some herbal remedies to help with pink eye, and I'll get to the woman's herbs later.  :)

I hate pink eye, not so much because it's that bad for me, but I've had a LOT of weird experiences with it.  I got it camping once, I got it on an anniversary trip to a remote place once (while pregnant), and I've gotten it a few other times as well.  I've only had one of my kids get it so far, (thank goodness), and my DH has gotten it a time or two.  Washing hands and sleeping, best things in the world with pink eye.  We don't have a lot of passing it around when we have it because we obey these rules.

  • I've tried salt water before (stings!) and it's effective in removing the redness and inflammation pretty quickly, but doesn't help shorten it, that I've noticed. 
  • I had a friend that used colloidal silver directly, use caution if you're going to try this, but it cleared up pretty well. 
  • I know of a few herbs that help but there's also available in most stores Similasan which contains a lot of them and is already in a convenient drop.
  • I also cannot say enough about heat.  Warm, wet compresses (you can add chamomile or black tea as well) work great!  They help to shorten the duration in my experience and frequently remove the pain and itching associated with the pink eye.
Similasan Pink Eye Relief Eye Drops, .33-Ounce Bottle
Yea for herbs, and after quite a few days with sleep interruptions, yea for sleep!  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment