Friday, January 28, 2011

*sigh* Friday

I don't know if that's a sigh of resignation that this week was pretty much a bust for me, or if it's a sigh that yes, I made it to Friday.  If I work on the attitude outlook, it's a good sigh, I made it through illness and next week can be better, which outlook would be a lot easier if the illness had been the only mishap this week.  It's frustrating, life, sometimes.  Don't get me wrong, sometimes those frustrations are just part of the program like with my kids, but other things just feel like a kick in the pants.  Ok, enough wallowing.  I'm excited!  DH thinks he's figured out how to host the contests, so I guess they'll start tomorrow.  Yea!

First look at women's health.  I want to break this down initially at first to say that obviously a lot of health is not gender specific, herbs, massage, fitness, attitude, all unisex.  That being said, men and women are different on a very basic level as well.  We have different chemicals running our gears, different DNA altering our outcomes.  Most of the time I'm grateful to have those differences, but there's times I wish the differences weren't quite so large.

Like weight loss, my husband can decide he wants to lose weight and caught out soda for a week and go for a run once and lose 6 pounds.  I on the other hand, joined a gym last year, worked out 4 times a week, ate more greens, and gained 2 pounds.  Gotta love it.

So women's needs are to address the wonderful chemicals and lifestyles of women.  Women tend to be less muscular (lower metabolism), sleep differently (sometimes related to anxiety), and of course have PMS, prenancy, lactation, Menopause, etc, with the help of our hormones.  The key is learning how to work with our bodies.  I haven't perfected it (or even gotten that great at it) yet, but I'm working on it and I have high hopes.  Here's a list of common women natural cures.

Aloe vera - sunburns, scrapes, heartburn, and more.  Great multi-purpose herbs, and easy to grow plant!
Garlic - anit-fungal, colds, acne, bug repellent,
Cohosh - stabilizing estrogen - helps with getting regular periods (infertility), menopause, and inducing labor.
Peppermint - almost all abdominal problems, stomach, bowels, etc.
Apple cider vinegar - reduce bruising and aid in healing with compresses, baths, or rinses.
Arnica - muscles, yep, good stuff.
Witch hazel - astringent, anti-itch, vericose veins,
Valerian or Kava Kava - calming, antii-anxiety, stress relief

There's others like always, but these are ones I like to have (and usually regret when I don't) have on hand.  Pleased to be a woman. . . most of the time.  :)  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment