Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A begrudging thought

I should have warned you about this yesterday, it's a great side effect of conscious breathing, but can also require personal will.  I did my conscious breathing last night before bed, which I recommend as a great reflective time. 
As a side note, I also recommend having a notebook beside your bed each night to write down ideas, thoughts and things you remember in the evening.  It helps you to obtain better sleep because you can write them down and then let them go. 
Anyway, while breathing I was thinking about what to discuss on my blog and how to illicit ideas from others.  If you've read my profile on here, or if you know me, you know that I love hearing other people's stories.  I love learning what they know, and I love to listen to them.  I wanted my blog to help me to learn more about health and well-being for myself, share what I learn and know, and learn from the readers.  This was a great reflection until I awoke with a start at 4am this morning, unable to go back to sleep, because I realized that I was not helping my kids to be as healthy as they should.  I know parents sometimes overlook the behaviors and attributes of their children out of love, but sometimes I know that we also need to look at those things.
My new appointed task for today, and hopefully in the coming weeks to be carried out, is to find ways to help my kids be healthier.  I want them to make better food choices, not just because I set the example or because some are available, but because I make it easy and important for them. 
I welcome, even beg for, your ideas. 
See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment