Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Health and Love

I had an interesting and intriguing thought today, while working to help my daughter understand why a baby needs a nap.  We were talking about taking care of our bodies, and taking care of each other, and I thought of something.  We should be doing way more "romantic" things everyday.  We should be wooing, ourselves.

Not to make light of the importance of romance in intimate relationships, but there are others that need those same gestures from us.  Heard the expression wooing the boss, or client?  Sure!  Maybe part of the key to self-care is to think of ourselves as someone to be romantic to. 

I'm wondering if being more romantic to myself, and helping others do the same, couldn't improve a lot in our lives.  It would help with self-esteem, self-understanding, happiness, acceptance, and in turn improve most of our other jobs in life.  When we set out to woo someone we try to learn what they enjoy, what they need and most importantly what would make them happy, then we try to do it. 

Heard that to romance your wife, do the dishes?  Or dress up and take her out?  How about to care for your husband compliment and thank him?  Or just have some fun with him *nudge, nudge*?  So how would those things relate if we were wooing ourselves?  I feel better when I'm clean and look good, when I acknowledge something I've done well, or when I let myself off the hook for something.

Let's make a date, and let love in again.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment